The Freedom of Information Act allows you to request access to other information that the council holds.
The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) provide the same right for 'environmental information'.
Before making your request for information please check whether the information you are looking for is already available:
- Check our frequently requested information (some types of information are not held by us, but by the city and district councils, including information on bin collections, council tax, licensing, pest control, leisure centres, public health funerals, cremation and burial, and business / commercial rates)
- Search for school details (if your query relates to a specific school then please note that schools are also public authorities in their own right for the purposes of FOI and so information specifically about schools may be held by them rather than the County Council)
- If your query relates to children's social care, then it may be worth checking to see what information is already published by the Department for Education on children in need and child protection and looked after children
The Publication Scheme is an extensive list of all of the types of information that is available to the public as a matter of course. It shows:
- the information which the council publish or intend to publish
- the format the information is available in (e.g. in hard copy)
- whether there is a charge for that information
The scheme describes each type or class of information, the documents themselves and where they can be obtained. For more information please check the publication scheme guidance.
Hard copies of the Publication Scheme are available at the Council's libraries or by contacting email@example.com.
Submitting a FOI request
You can submit a request for information via the link to the online form below.
The Act requires us to respond within 20 working days from when we receive a valid request. Once submitted, we will let you know as soon as possible if we require any additional details to take your request forward.
Is there a cost for requesting information?
You can find details of any costs when requesting data under the FOI, EIR or data protection in our access to information charging policy below.
Cambridgeshire County Council receives many Freedom of Information requests for information which is not held by the council.
The list below shows the topics which the county council does not hold information for, and which should be requested directly to the relevant city or district council listed below.
- Bin collections
- Council tax
- Pest control
- Leisure centres
- Public health funerals
- Cremation and burial
- Business/commercial rates