This accessibility statement applies to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk.
This website is run by Cambridgeshire County Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We are in the process of making the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
We are working on improving accessibility.
Requesting information in alternative formats
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Setting up your device and browser
Further help and guidance from AbilityNet
AbilityNet helps people of any age and with any disability to use technology to achieve their goals at home, at work and in education.
AbilityNet provides guidance about how to:
- make your mouse easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- talk to your device
- make your device talk to you
- make text larger
- change your colours
- magnify the screen
Our website is compatible with most standard assistive software, including the screen readers NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) - free to download, and JAWS. There are often solutions for read-aloud functions on mobiles and tablets within the accessibility options on the device.